It's good to have some 'mid-range' restos up your sleeve, not too boujis, not too casual and with an alcohol licence so that you can stay hydrated!
I’m pretty sure Akaya in Adliya fits that bill... A mid-week invitation saw me visit this Adliya spot, with a funky vibe, music and bijoux dining room.
My fave dishes:
- Tuna Tataki with an avocado & mango salsa
- Monkey King Karaage; the perfectly crispiest boneless chicken with chilli flakes and sesame seed
- Braised beef short-ribs
- 'Naughty' Pak Choi with grana padano, mozza and cream
- Other dishes that caught my eye (for my next visit) Umai Fried Chicken, Shu Mai Dumplings, Soft Shell Crab Tempura, Ramen bowls, Yellowfin Tuna Poke and the Kimchi Cheese Fries sounds like fire
I'm also gonna be back for their ladies night, evening brunch and happy hour (my favourite 'hobbies'!!)
Looking to splurge a bit more for a Japanese meal? Then head to:
- Re-Asian at the Four Seasons
- Mirai in Adliya
- Meisei in Adliya
- Bushido in Seef
- Kai at the Golden Tulip