Have you ever heard cats getting jiggy with it? The screeching, wailing banshee sound is horrific. Well, that should set the scene for this weekend’s karaoke session.
After a night of excellent food at Seoul Bahrain, we were invited to try out the karaoke room. As a group of friends who point blank do not sing, this was an experience that resulted purely from the soju (Korean wine) we had been downing. A very fun night, easy on the wallet, great on the stomach and a must try for a festive evening with friends.
How to plan your night at Seoul:
1. Book a table on their top floor terrace
2. Order the Marinated Short Rib (Yangnyum Galbi) for barbecuing, wrap in lettuce with onion and samjjang (spicy paste)
3. Try the Seafood Spring Onion Pancake
4. Go for the savoury egg custard
5. Try the range of Banchan (equivalent to 'mezze' in this part of the world), we loved the sweet potatoes
6. Make sure to drink Soju and in proper Korean etiquette serve your elders first
7. Always say yes to Dolsot Bibimbap (the crunchy rice bits are the best!)
8. Devour the stir-fried Spicy Rice cakes
9. Try the Baek kimchi (white kimchi)
10. Remember to say 감사합니다 (Kam sa ham need a aka Thank you) on the way out
Leave a Reply