Turns out everyone loves a shawarma (and a vegetarian shawarma at that!)So here is the recipe to my failsafe recipe, that even carnivores love to devour.
Rate this recipe
- 1 Flat bread (homemade or store bought)
- 1 can Chickpeas (drained)
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 1 Sweet potato (I used regular as that is what I had at home) - one cubed
- 1 Pack of shawarma spice mix
- 1 Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon, juice of half a lemon
- Cucumber, red onion, coriander for final toppings
Toss the drained chickpeas, cauliflower head and sweet potato in shawarma spice mix.
Lay them flat in a baking tray and roast on med-high for 30 mins
Make a yoghurt garlic sauce by mincing the garlic into the yoghurt and mixing well, add a season to taste. Spread this onto the flatbread.
When the roasted veggies are ready, toss with a smidge of tahini (I thin it with a bit of lemon juice), then lay onto your shawarma.
Add some sliced cucumbers, red onion, and a bit of fresh coriander
Roll up, bite, enjoy!
Additional: You could add gherkins, tofu, whatevs really tickles your fancy.